Friday, May 18, 2012

Extended Metaphor

Defenition: A metaphor introduced and then developed throughout all part of the literary work.

Example:
"My Life is Basketball
My eyes are big before the game starts
My body covered in hope
18 years of practice
My mind is focussed
I have only one purpose
I visualize everything I want to do
My home the court
The crowd surrounding with their big eyes watching
Attracted to the bright lights
My team behind me
Weaving in and out of expectant fans
Making our way to the court
Endless cameras
Each other's families
Still sensing the sudden thrill of anticipation
We circle up, hands together, chanting
A team together
All focussed on glory
Where we will Live forever"
Significance: Extended Metaphor's are an important part of poetry because they make it so you can write as much as you want about metaphors. Extended Metaphor's make poetry better because they help ewxplain a lot about you in a cool and fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment